2. Get a CCU library account (for online research)
3. Decide on a topic
4. Write thesis statement
5. General Research (lots of reading using your "scanning skills")
6. Essay map
7. Basic Outline
8. In-depth Research
9. Annotated Bibliography.
10. Make any changes to your thesis statement and essay map
11. Better Outline
13. Intro Paragraph
14. First Main Point (Roman Numeral #1)
15. First Complete Draft
17. Title Page
18. Finish APA format
19. Peer Review
20. Transfer everything to a Word document
An abstract is a brief summary of the research paper. It is between 150-200 words long and contains the main points and purpose of the paper. The purpose of the abstract is to give the reader a quick review of the paper to determine if they want to continue to read the paper in its entirety.
When written in APA format, the word "Abstract" should be centered and typed in 12 point Times New Roman. The main body must be "left justified" and also in 12 point Times New Roman. Do not indent the first line of the abstract paragraph. All other paragraphs in the paper should be indented. Also double space.